You know the axiom, Life is a Journey? There is another perspective; everything in life is a process that creates the journey. Given that Life is a Journey and everything in life is a process what are the steps to create the life you desire?
If you desire a promotion there are steps to take. If you desire a new career there are steps to take. If you desire a more shapely/slim body there are steps to create it.
For example to create a shapely/slim body what steps do you need to take? Here are seven easy actions you can take to encourage yourself to create the body you desire.
- Eat Right For Your Blood, Peter J. D’Adamo, ND – Four blood types, four food plans.
- Make a list of all the food items that are best or neutral for your blood type. Buy only those food items.
- Keep a journal – this will help you to create a conscious awareness of food intake and systematically change your eating habits and patterns.
- Eat a healthy breakfast within an hour after waking. Best nutrients include foliate, iron, vitamins and fiber.
- Avoid over exercise: For the first three weeks of your body sculpting action plan do not exceed twenty (20) minutes of exercise. Reduce the weights by 50%. Reduce the speed on the elliptical, cycle or treadmill 50%.
- Drink at 8 – 10 glasses (64 – 80 oz.) of water daily. Drinking 64 – 80 oz. of water will assist your body to detoxify easier, protect and moisturize joints, kick-start your metabolism and absorb nutrients; as well as better elimination.
- Connect with a health conscious buddy or health coach. A support system will provide the motivation to stay on track and the encouragement needed to succeed.
But your habitual actions are a product of many things. You were conditioned and indoctrinated to think, feel and act based on your family values, culture, religion, education and community. How can you change conditioning and indoctrination? How do you change, when you are feeling overwhelmed?
Negative thoughts are an important motivator in your life. When you have negative thoughts, you are giving your ‘self’ a message. These negative thoughts are like a crying baby demanding attention – demanding attention from your ‘self’.
The first step is: avoid ignoring or pushing the negative thought away. Ask your ‘self’: what do I need to know from my ‘self”? Listen to the thought and determine what it means. ‘Is it an error message or is it something I need to address?’
Stress (feeling overwhelmed – not knowing what to do) is designed biologically to be powerful, it takes over your brain much more than any positive emotion. There is usually something important in a negative thought. Stress triggers learning and growth. Stress is what compels the system to accomplish things. Stress is not bad. It is part of life. Therefore, avoid wiping it off the board or running away. Stress is more about what your relationship is with the negative.
You need to train yourself to look, listen and trust the messages (positive or negative) you bring forth. Negative thoughts are a good way to develop a road map to create what you desire. When you encounter a negative situation, you need to appraise it. You need to talk to your ‘irrational emotions.’ Then practice changing the negative thought (self-talk) to a positive thought – (action step).
Or, if the negative thought is a ‘warning’to avoid going down some path, then change course. The key is to know if the negative thought is a ‘warning’ to change course or if it is a message to change the negative thought to a positive action step. You will need to learn through experimenting which negative thoughts are a ‘warning’ or message to process the negative emotion and move through it.
The easiest and most efficient way to confront negative thoughts is to summon up a positive thought. The most successful people are able to cultivate a three to one balance between positive and negative thoughts. Use your brain’s most precious resource, which is your attention, in a way that allows you to accomplish the most and make a positive impact in your life.
When you accept that all thoughts are salient information to help you create your desires, you can exercise more cognitive control over your emotions and decisions. When you learn to work with your thoughts – positive or negative – you are harnessing the fuel that will keep you on track. When you make a change that lasts, you are changing your conditioning and indoctrinations – changing your thoughts.
I wish you well on your journey of processing positive and negative thoughts that compel you to create your desires.
Article by Dorothy M. Neddermeyer
Dorothy M. Neddermeyer, PhD, Metaphysician – Certified Hypnosis Practitioner, Author and Speaker. Dr. Dorothy facilitates clearing blocks, fears and limiting beliefs. You can live the life you desire. She brings awareness to concepts not typically obvious to one’s thoughts and feelings. http://www.drdorothy.net