What is Body Language?
I remember one basketball game when the sports-caster said, “Air Jordan used a little Body English to coax that ball into the hoop, as he released the free throw.?
He meant that the player moved his hips sideways, as if using mind control, so that the ball would go through the basket.
Body English is just one of the myriad of examples of body language that we use and apply to our lives every now and then, consciously or unconsciously.
Body language is the unspoken or non-verbal mode of communication that we use in every single aspect of our interaction with another person. It is like a mirror that tells us what the other person thinks and feels in response to our words or actions. Body language involves gestures, mannerisms, and other bodily signs.
Would you believe that in real life situations, 55% of the messages that we convey to other people are transmitted through body language and the actual verbal communication accounts for the other 45% – 38% in tone of voice and only 7% in the words we use?
Our ability to use body language in a positive way and to read other people’s minds through their body language separates the men from the boys (or women from girls), and can be a powerful tool to our overall personality development. Imagine creating a great impression for work, business, and love by being knowledgeable in this not-so-common yet powerful field of study. It is the unspoken tool to a successful life.
So read on and find out how you can read and utilize body language – the most used yet most misunderstood secret language in the world.